How often have you wondered "What is my house worth?" This is a common question for every homeowner. Whether your house is a real Victorian mansion or a little cottage, everyone wants to know "What is my house worth?"
There are a few things you can control to enhance the value of your house.
- The curb appeal, does it look good from the street?
- Is the lawn neat and trimmed, the paint fresh?
- Inside, is the house clean and uncluttered? Clutter costs you cash.
- Are the windows clean?
- Are there pet odors, or smoker odors? These odors will eliminate lots of buyers.
- Are the carpets clean.
- Is the roof in good condition?
- Does the air conditioner perform efficiently and quietly?
- Staging. This is all about presenting your house in the best possible light for the buyer. Remember, once the seller has made the decision to sell the house, it is now a commodity and must be presented in the best light for sale at the best possible price.
A couple of things you and your Realtor cannot control when wondering what is my house worth.
- Location - you really can't say the house would be worth more or less in a different location, it is where it is.
- Price. Some Realtors will tell you they can set the price. Quite simply, they can't. The marketplace will set the price. Some sellers, and some Realtors, won't like it, however, the market will give you the answer to your question, what is my house worth.
So, when pricing your hose, be sure to keep it real, don't ask for more than the market value, don't try to sell memories - buyers want to make their own memories and won't pay a premium for yours.
And most important of all, do everything you can to enjoy the entire experience.